The OAI10 CERN-UNIGE Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication is taking place at University of Geneva, Geneva, on 21-23 June 2017. The meeting’s web site is https://indico.cern.ch/event/405949/.
There are six plenary sessions:
- Technical Session
- Copyright and Licensing
- OA Transformation – From Subscription to OA
- OA Outside the Academy
- Social Media as a Research Data Source
- The Future of Repositories
The tutorials, which start the Workshop on Wednesday, are devoted to:
- Open Science Café ”all you ever wanted to know about open science but were afraid to ask”
- Interoperability for Discovery and Navigation: ResourceSync and Signposting
- An IP-law Perspective on Research Data Usability and Interoperability
- Playing the Name Game: Best (and Worst) Practices for Collecting and Using ORCID iDs
- Authoring, annotations, and notifications in decentralised Web
- All Aboard! Open Science Workflows for Widespread Adoption
Instead of breakout groups, an ”unconference” will take place on Thursday afternoon. It will allow participants to propose, vote on and run sessions themselves.
There will also be 30+ posters displayed, with a minute-madness session for authors to present them. We will soon issue a call for posters.
The OAI Workshops provide a space for all those interested in developments in scholarly communication to come together to learn from each other, to exchange ideas, and to hear papers from leading experts in the field. They are rather prominent European events in the year in which they are held. Registration is open at
The OAI Organisers (see https://indico.cern.ch/event/405949/page/4542-organisation) look forward to meeting you all in Geneva in June.
From the OAI10 Organising Committee with cheers
// Ulf Kronman, Kungliga biblioteket för Jens Vigen, CERN