The following post gives a short overview of the blog posts, seminars, lectures, workshops and other events which took place at Swedish HEIs during Open Access Week October 23-29.
Chalmers University of Technology
- Welcome to Wikipedia workshop
- Award to the author of the most downloaded article at Chalmers
- Open Access in research.chalmers.se
- Open Access: From theory to practice
- How to make research data FAIR – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable och Reusable?
- Tools for finding open access resources using web plug-ins such as Open Access Button and Unpaywall
- Survey of open access publishing and APCs at Gothenburg University.
- Open Science – Why and How?
- Open Access and Data Management in the Life Sciences
- All publicly funded research outputs should be made open access for all within ten years
- What’s the thing with open access and oaDOI?
- A ”Survival Guide” helping you to find an open access version of an article
- LIU-affiliated researchers publish open access
- TekFak-researchers excel at parallel publishing
Luleå University of Technology
- A student and researcher reception arranged in order so that they could ask questions about open access. Participants could also join an open access quiz and try out a citizen science project.
- Library staff on-site answered questions, helped researchers to register open access publications and find scholarly open access articles and journals. Further, they informed researchers about library support in regard to open accesss-related issues and visualised the cost of purchasing textbooks for first-year students as a prompt for discussions about the role of the library.
- Malmö University’s open access fund facilitates open access publishing
- Legal issues regarding publishing
- Unpaywall – a simple way to find open access articles
- Black open access
- Kriterium: platform with peer-reviewed and openly accessible Swedish scholarly monographs
Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (KTH)
- A simple guide making your research open access
- How to find a whitelisted journal to publish my paper in?
- About “The State of OA: A large-scale analysis of the prevalence and impact of Open Access articles”
- Unpaywall – for finding an open, legal version of a closed-access scientific article
- Open access agreements for the researchers at KTH
- Two workshops about open access were held for personnel and for academic staff at Makere University to aid them in implementing ”Makere University Institutional Repository Policy and Guidelines.”
- How open are we? – Open Access publications at Stockholm University
- Flipping Subscription Journals to Open Access – For Whom and to What Cost?
- Promoting Knowledge Sharing, Increasing the Impact of Research & Scholarship
- Open in order to … increase access and visibility of scientific knowledge and to facilitate cooperation
- Open in order to … promote global health action
- Open access: business models and publication charges
- Open access resources as a means for scholarly communication: A linguistic perspective
- Policy impact and excellence: Two dimensions of open access within Horizon2020
- Open access to research data
University of Borås
- Open Access to Research Data – Breakfast seminar at the University Library
University of Skövde
- Towards Open Science: Challenges and opportunities
- Seminar on Open Science
- Posters about open access and a survey about research data were on display at the library throughout the week.