*** Apologies for cross postings ***
Call for Papers
19th International Conference on Electronic Publishing
Scale, Openness and Trust: New Avenues for Electronic Publishing in the Age of Infinite Collections and Citizen Science
1-2 September 2015, Malta
Conference web site: www.elpub.net
Proceedings will be published open access by IOS Press. Selected papers will be published in a special edition of the journal Information Services & Use. ________________________________________
The International Conference on Electronic Publishing (Elpub) approaches its 20th anniversary. Elpub 2015 is the 19th edition of the conference and it will continue the tradition, bringing together academics, publishers, lecturers, librarians, developers, entrepreneurs, users and all other stakeholders interested in issues regarding electronic publishing in widely differing contexts.
Elpub 2015 will in particular focus on the interplay of two dimensions of electronic publishing – the ever growing volume of digital collections, and the improved understanding of the widest user group: that of citizens. This exciting theme will encompass human, cultural, economic, social, technological, legal, commercial and other relevant aspects.
We aim to provide a forum for discussing how scale of collections, openness and trust change the way citizens contribute to modern research.
We invite contributions from members of communities whose research and experiments are transforming the nature of electronic publishing and scholarly communication.
Topics include but are not restricted to:
Avenues for engagement with digital collections
• User engagement (strategies and trends, incentives, models for participatory projects/experiments, data quality and management, open science)
• Methods for crowd-sourcing contributions (demonstrations, platforms, open annotation, games)
• Disciplinary views on public participation in the digitization of collections (e.g. biodiversity, geography, history, music, art, astronomy, languages)
• Enhanced research infrastructures and publishing environments (digital humanities, tools, workflows, interoperability, digital editions)
• Ethical and legal issues (authority, reliability, trust, copyright, authorship, privacy)
Publishing, access and reuse
• Publishing models (business and funding models, tools, services and roles)
• Open access (publishing solutions, mandates and compliance, licenses, recommendations, disciplinary initiatives)
• New publishing paradigm (data publishing and citation, open pre/post publication peer review, executable papers, nano-publications)
• Good practices and quality standards (authorship and contributor roles, cost transparency, management and monitoring of publication costs, new metrics for credit and attribution, reproducible research)
• Interoperability (metadata, identifier, vocabularies, repository integration, scalability, middleware infrastructure)
• Legal and ethical issues (security, privacy and copyright issues)
• Digital preservation (cultural heritage, content authentication, certification)
Data mining and knowledge discovery
• Text and data mining (natural language processing, text harvesting, dynamic formatting)
• Open Data, Open Linked Data (solutions, methods, tools, open data challenges)
• Association mining (knowledge linking, discovery, presentation)
• Visualization (clustering, graphs, knowledge maps, augmented reality)
• Legal issues (copyright, database rights, licensing, etc.)
Online social networks for scientific communication
• User behavior and personalization technologies (user studies, social tagging, recommendation services)
• Social interaction analysis (author collaboration trends, publication trends)
• Network analysis (modelling and visualization of science networks)
• Bibliometrics and Altmetrics (data appraisal, citation and attribution)
• Security, privacy and integrity (online ethics, privacy policies)
All submissions are subject to peer review. For each accepted paper, at least one author is expected to register for the conference to present the paper. Inclusion in the proceedings is conditional upon registration of at least one author per paper.
Moreover, upon submitting the workshop, tutorials and panels proposals, the proposers commit that in case their submission is accepted, all people involved (speakers, lecturers, panel members, etc.) will physically attend and coordinate it.
Papers submitted to this conference must not have been accepted or be under review by another conference or by a journal. The accepted papers will be published by IOS Press in a digital format open access conference proceedings book. Papers will be indexed in DBLP, Scopus and other abstracting and indexing services.
After the conference, selected papers will be published open access in the journal Information Services & Use (http://www.iospress.nl/journal/information-services-use/) under a Creative Commons license.
Furthermore, all accepted papers and posters will be archived at the Elpub Digital Library: http://library.elpub.net/. All contents published in the Elpub proceedings are distributed open access via the conference archive under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
Paper submission and review will be managed via the EasyChair system. To submit a paper, please use the appropriate template and follow the specific instructions available at the conference website (http://www.elpub.net).
All full papers, short papers and posters must be written in English and submitted via the Easy Chair submission system (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elpub2015) in PDF format.
For all submissions follow the IOS Press instructions and tools which are available at the following URL: IOS Press template (http://www.iospress.nl/service/authors/latex-and-word-tools-for-book-authors)
Contributions are invited for the following categories:
• Full papers (manuscript up to 10 pages)
• Short papers (manuscript up to 6 pages)
• Posters (abstract min. of 500 and max. of 1,000 words; manuscript up to 3 pages)
• Tutorials (abstract min. of 500 and max. of 1,000 words; manuscript up to 3 pages)
• Workshops (abstract min. of 500 and max. of 1,000 words; manuscript up to 3 pages)
• Demonstrations (abstract min. of 500 and max. of 1,000 words; manuscript up to 3 pages)
13 December 2014 Submission Site Open (Easy Chair – Elpub2015, https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elpub2015)
15 February 2015 Submission Deadline for Abstracts (Time: 11:59 PM, PST)
31 March 2015 Author Decision Notification
15 May 2014 Submission of Camera Ready Version
15 June 2015 Early Bird Registration Deadline
15 August 2015 Final Registration Deadline
Conference dates and location: 1-2 September 2015, University of Malta
Conference Host: University of Malta
General Chair: Milena Dobreva, University of Malta
Programme Chair: Birgit Schmidt, University of Göttingen
Committees: Programme Committee (http://www.easyconferences.eu/elpub2015/?page_id=118)
Looking forward to your contributions to and participation in the conference,
Birgit and Milena
Dr Birgit Schmidt, University of Göttingen
Prof Milena Dobreva, University of Malta
Sök på OA-bloggen
- Call for Papers ELPUB 2015
- Call for papers: Opening up open access på Mötesplats Open Access i Malmö 14-15 april 2015
- Policy RECommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe – Invitation to final workshop
- Förhandlingarna mellan Elsevier och nederländska universitet har gått i stå
- Invitation to SCOAP3 webinar & forum: November 18, 2014